LUNG, ALLERGY & SLEEP MEDICINE CENTER
Prevention, treatment and care of pulmonary diseases and sleep disorders
- Our office hours are M-Thur 9:00am-5:00pm. We close for lunch from 1:00pm -2pm. We request after hours calls to be limited to emergencies only. The answering service number for Berkley office is 248-556-5582 and Garden city office is 734-525-0319
- Physicians are available on Fridays from 9am -5pm. But from Friday 5pm to Monday 9am, doctors are not available, so please call the answering service
- Prescription refills and questions about care plans and test results should be made during regular business hours.
- If it is a medical emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest urgent care. Please be advised that you will be asked to call the office the next business day if this is regarding prescription, appointments, or test results.
- We send out appointment reminders . It is a courtesy call we extend to our patients. It is ultimately your responsibility to remember and make it to your appointment.
- NEW PATIENT: Please plan on staying at least 90 minutes for your first initial visit and 60 mts for follow-ups.
- ALL copays and balances are due at the time of service
- Same day cancellations and No Shows will incur a fee. Please call the office the day before or leave a message with the answering service if you cannot make it to the appointment.
- You will be asked at every visit for your medical insurance cards and a picture ID so that your insurance company can be billed for charges incurred at your clinic visit.
- Please allow 1-2 weeks for medical records and other paperwork. There will be a fee for medical records and paperwork completion.
- It is your responsibility as a patient to alert the office staff prior to your scheduled appointment of ANY insurance changes; contract ID’s, new insurance company, etc.
- Please note: It is also your responsibility as patient to check with your insurance company to determine whether a referral/authorization for your office visit or testing being performed in our clinic is indeed required to assure coverage for yourself by your insurance company. This is not the office staff’s responsibility to determine for you.
- Should a referral/authorization is required and is not obtained or any other charges is not covered by insurance, the charges incurred will be patient’s responsibility.
- We must emphasize that our relationship is with you and not your insurance carrier. Your insurance is a contract between you, your employer and your insurance carrier. We are not party to that contract. All charges are your responsibility from the date(s) of services rendered.
REASONS FOR DISCHARGE FROM THE PRACTICE
- BEHAVIORAL ISSUES
- NON COMPLIANCE WITH OFFICE POLICIES
- MISSING MORE THAN 2 APPOINTMENTS
- FINANCIAL DELINQUENCY